Our School Aims and Values
Springfield Primary School has always managed to retain a special family atmosphere, which has brought parents and teachers more closely together in the education of the pupils.
Against this background are set the following general aims of the school: -
1) To deliver the common curriculum as laid down in the Education Reform Order for Northern Ireland;
2) To treat children as individuals and to encourage special interests, talents and ability;
3) To help children to acquire knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live;
4) To enable each child to acquire a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs synonymous with good citizenship and to become a contributing member of society;
5) To give opportunities for children to enjoy their school life and establish a sense of security;
6) To develop self respect, independence and self-confidence tempered with respect for others.